Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Thanks for Making Me Feel Special



Thanks to everyone who called, brought by presents and for my darling girls who took me to lunch. I started out with a pedicure that Candi had given me a gift certificate for about two years ago. They were nice enough to honor it. I felt guilty sitting in the chair as the girl, filed, scrubbed and massaged my feet and legs. I told her it was my 59th birthday and she said, "you were born in '53 huh?" She knew it because she is my same age. She was a tiny little lady from Vietnam but did a great job. After the pampering, we met up with Candi and her boys at Chili's. I ate WAY too much, why do I do that? Candi ordered chips and salsa, then queso dip, while Mindi had eggrolls. That was just our appetizers. Then we had the little bites, small hamburgers with onion rings and french fries.  I ordered a salad that I could hardly get through. I washed it down with two strawberry lemonades and then wondered why I was in bed the rest of the day with a stomach ache. After taking Tums, tylenol and some digestive enzymes, I was finally feeling better when Rich got home from work. He asked me what we were doing for dinner for my birthday and all I could say was, "I'm not eating one more thing today, my stomach hurts." So he was happy we brought home all the leftovers for him. He's good about that, just being okay with something. When Rich got home yesterday he sat down by the bed and we talked. He said he had gotten a call from a dear friend he has done some work for. His wife was the secretary for a company that he's done work for a long time. She was 85 years old and really sick with leukemia. Well, she passed away yesterday morning at 11:30. Two years ago Dave's brother-in-law died on my birthday, and a year ago it was the big tornado that tore through Joplin, Missouri. I was telling my Mom that maybe the 22nd of May isn't that great of a day, it's an unlucky day. All she said was, "it was a day that we had this darling little girl come into our family." What would I do without her? Anyway, next year I swear I will be way more careful about what I eat and in what amounts because when I turn 60 it's going to be really hard.

No comments: