Tuesday, May 29, 2012

"Calm Down and Carry On"



Last night when I went to bed I had this thought come over me, "we are probably the most boring family in the world." I don't know why that came to me, was it because we didn't do anything special for Memorial Day, or is it that our lives are boring. A friend and I went shopping yesterday for my birthday. I didn't find anything but she found a cute skirt and sweater on sale. If you could see my closets stuffed with clothes you would know that I have enough clothes to wear until I die, but I do love to shop. Rich is consumed with work, church and getting geared up for the Trek tomorrow. He and Tristyn are suppose to leave early tomorrow morning but she has been up all night throwing up and hasn't been able to keep anything down. Isn't that the way life is, when you look forward to something it doesn't turn out like you wanted. I remember when I graduated from high school I came down with the flu. I was so sick while walking across the football field I thought I would pass out. I still remember how I asked my friend next to me Gayle Goettle to help me if I didn't make it across. My sister got married a few days later and I remember still being weak and sick. Spencer called from Boston as we were decorating at the cemetery. They had a rough weekend moving all their earthly possessions from a storage unit to their new house. They had no one to help them, I guess that's the price you pay when you move to the other side of the country where there isn't any family support.  On Mother's Day when he called, I was upset about some stuff that happened that day. As we hung up he said, "Calm Down and Carry On." That's his knew motto and he's always trying to calm me down, so I can carry on with my boring life. On the other hand Rich always says, "all things are boring to the bore," so I guess I will just continue on with my boring life and be thankful nothing earth shattering is going on. We do have two birthdays this week, so maybe life will pick up a little bit.

No comments: