Monday, May 7, 2012

I'm Not Diabetic or Insane Yet

I've pulled myself out of the toilet again and trying to be somewhat productive today.  Rich came home on Friday night and worked like a dog around the house trying to get the pool ready for the repairs to be done so we can fill it back up. I hate having a big blue hole in the backyard, I like the blue water better. Yesterday in Relief Society we talked about the importance of water. Our bodies are mostly made of water and while living in the desert we all know what happens with the lack of water. I think the symbolism was about drinking from the well of living water, the Savior. Sometimes it's easier for me to look at all my problems and disappointments, instead of my blessings and accomplishments. I've worked really hard to lose 20 pounds but I'm stuck there. I seem to do better when it's cooler weather and I'm happier in the fall and winter. Anyway, I got my blood test results and they were so good. I went from being pre-diabetic to dropping four whole points. Just losing that little bit of weight has brought my blood sugar down. I was so excited because one of my biggest fears is becoming diabetic, the other one is to be insane and lose all my marbles. I don't know about that one yet. Last night we got to chat with Spencer on the phone from Boston. We could see the kids and listen to them play. My kids are really important to me and when I don't get to see and talk to them it puts me in the toilet. With my favorite holiday coming up this Sunday, you know it, Mother's Day I was happy when they told us they will be adding another little Larsen baby to the herd. They still haven't figured it out how to NOT have a baby during football season, maybe Rich needs to have a little talk with them. Anyway, the puppies are getting really fat, Bella is such a good Momma it will be fun when their eyes open and they start walking around. I would go crazy sitting in a box all day having six mouths sucking me dry, but she has done a great job. Oh the joys of being a Mother!

No comments: