Tuesday, May 15, 2012

My First Hate E-Mail


Yesterday as I was checking my e-mails I read one I had received on Sunday. The hate message was mainly about my blog I had written about my shopping trip with my Mom for Mother's Day. She thought I was an "ungrateful" daughter who lacks compassion and am totally insensitive and cruel while talking about her fashion. Obviously this person doesn't know me, or the struggles I've been going through lately. She even questioned my testimony and membership in the church. She's judging me about me joking about my Mom? Wow, what can I say? I blog for myself only. I used to write in a journal everyday but blogging was way easier for me. I am who I am and don't pretend to do or be anything than who I am. I LOVE my parents and family. I wouldn't be anything if they hadn't sacrificed everything for me. My children and grandchildren make me go on in a life that sometimes is so difficult I pray to go home with Kamber. I will be more careful while writing because I was also told I complain about everything. I wish my life was all rainbows, butterflies and unicorns but it is NOT. I did want to thank my wonderful children for all the love they gave me on Sunday. I know I don't deserve the gifts, but they are really appreciated. After we ate I put the hoses in the pool and let the kids play as it was filling up. Sorry to all those parents who's kids got wet in their church clothes. I am sorry if I offend sometimes as I write about my life battles. As I was talking to my Mom and apologising if I had offended her she said, "you are darling, I love you, and keep walking across the plains like our pioneers did, you can do it."

4 comments:

Coplen's said...

Some people are so judgemental Teri. Just don't worry about the haters and those who like to judge you. I personally found your post amusing and I know you and your sense of humor. Life is not easy and everyone has their own trials and hard times they go through. Instead of hating on each other we need to love on each other and help each other.

Lis said...

Don't let them get to you Aunt Teri. people can be cruel when then don't know what the whole story is

larsen family said...

That is sad that someone would send such an unkind email. That person is probably going through some sort of struggle in their own life. They are proabably unhappy in some way. The thing is, no one forced this person to read your blog. Continue to be true to yourself and write as you wish. If someone doesn't like what they read then they need to do just that, NOT READ. Pick your head up and move forward.Please know that your family and true friends love you no matter what and we get your humor.

mrs. dph said...

That person should read your dozens of other blog entries when you write about how grateful you are to your wonderful parents for raising you and sacrificing for you. And how you admire your Mom so much for her amazing attitude and endurance through her own health issues. Sheesh! I think your blog is great. . . and I am still reading in Kansas!