Sunday, May 27, 2012

Families Can Be Together Forever

I went outside this morning to let the little dogs out and I couldn't believe how cool it was. I came in and looked at the temperature and it said 69 degrees. I can't remember a time in late May that it was that cool, I'm not complaining, as I understand it won't get that cool until Oct. or Nov.  I have had such a busy week with my birthday, the end of school, working on quilts, wedding receptions and then yesterday we spent most of the day looking for clothes for Tristyn to wear on the Trek. Rich and her leave early Wed. morning for their journey back in time. Last night as Rich and I were getting ready for bed we had the t.v. on listening to the news. They were talking about some of the major stories of the day which were, two child drownings and a 500 pound gate crushing a two year old. I was so sad when I went to bed I could hardly sleep. This morning we were talking about how unfair life is, and how we will all someday pass on to the other side. I made the comment that if we really knew how good it was there, we would be so happy for those who have gone before us. Then Rich mentioned how we are all born with that great survival instinct, where we would do all we can to prolong our lives. This morning in church the talks were on service and sacrifice. Service is when we just do a little something to help another person, but that sacrifice is way more. He talked a lot about those in the military who have given the ultimate sacrifice, their lives for our freedoms. It made me think about my two uncles who have served in the Air Force and my cousin who was an Army Special Opps. guy. I am so thankful for them and their service and example to me. I'm also thankful for the special people in my life who were such good examples of courage and faith. Tonight as an extended family we will take our stroll through the Mesa Cemetery, cleaning the graves of our ancestors who gave us the opportunity to love them and who set an example for all of us to follow. And for sweet Kamber who's little life was cut way too short, has taught us some of the most important lessons of all, the importance of being faithful in our desire to be like Christ and our knowledge that Families Can Be Together Forever.

No comments: