Thursday, May 3, 2012

Six Black Puppies Born Last Night





Yesterday was a busy day. We had so many errands to run but Trulie was still sick. A week of antibiotics hadn't really helped her, so Mindi being sleep deprived and worried, called the doctor to see if an appointment was available. It was 11:00 a.m. and they had one at 11:20 but out at the Queen Creek office about ten miles away, so off we went. A quick look in the ears and just what we thought, the medicine hadn't really helped, so we left with a shot and another prescription for medicine and breathing treatments. Oh how glad I'm done taking care of sick kids. Anyway, we were gone the rest of the day running around and noticed that Bella was acting a little strange. As I went to bed I had a feeling it was time for her to get those babies out. At 1:30 a.m. Mindi came in my room, woke me up from a dead sleep and wanted my heating pad. Bella had given birth, in the laundry room and it was cold. So I threw my nightgown on and went to help. By 3:00 a.m. she had four puppies and by 5:45 I finally went to bed after number six was born. Poor Bella looks so tired this morning, Trulie was up with us most of the night delivering puppies, and Mindi and I are going to be in desperate need of a long nap this afternoon. We have no idea who the puppies sperm donor is, but we would sure like to find out. All the puppies are black with little white markings three boys, three girls. Every time I watch an animal give birth I'm amazed at the instincts these mothers have to take care of their babies. Bella is so sweet with them and feeding them and licking them already. Now if we can just find good homes for them and for sure Bella is going to the "spay and neuter" clinic when her babies are gone, Happy Mother's Day to Bella, and now I'm a grandma to six black puppies.

No comments: