Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Sharing My Testimony

Last week Rich broke a tooth while eating a frozen Snickers ice cream bar. After being told by the dentist there wasn't anything she could do, he went to an oral surgeon in our ward. This morning he had surgery, pulling the tooth that broke in half and then putting two pins in, one in the pulled tooth and the other in a place where he hasn't had a tooth since childhood. This doctor is a very special person and we pray that he will be blessed for his generostiy and kindness towards Rich.  Next week our stake is going to be divided. It is a good thing but kind of sad to be separated from some very good friends and maybe some family members. Last night they had a meeting with the stake president and all the high councilors and their spouses. I was doing okay with my anxiety until the president informed us that we were going to go around the room and bear our testimonies. What? That is such a hard thing for me to do and the stress makes me feel like I'm having a heart attack or stroke, maybe even pass out. The spirit was strong and as they came to me all I could think about was the hard trials we have had lately. The drowning of our sweet Kamber, my hip operation, financial struggles due to the economy and my constant issues related to health. My understanding that we have to suffer to be worthy of the ultimate sacrifice given to us by the Savior. Anyway, I know we are blessed when we share our testimonies with others. My Dad used to tell me of the scripture D&C 62:3 that says "Nevertheless, ye are blessed, for the testimony which ye have borne is recorded in heaven for the angels to look upon; and they rejoice over you, and your sins are forgiven you." Heaven knows I have lots of sins that need to be forgiven, hopefully I will be worthy of those blessings.

No comments: