Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Extravaganza!

Three generations of mothers.

I just had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend. It started on Friday when Ethan came in and asked if I wanted anything from Pei Wei. I'm not a huge fan of Chinese but because I have eaten so many green corn tamales lately, I thought it would be good for a change. He is always so good about picking up lunch if he's in the neighborhood. Then on Saturday Candi called to see if I wanted to go to the Mall with her. There again, that isn't my most favorite thing to do, especially on the day before a holiday, but we had fun. It is always nice to spend time with my kids. Mindi and Dave got home from Disneyland in the early afternoon on Sunday before the extended family came for dessert. Everyone comes to see my Mother the Matriarch of the Greer Family. We are getting so big that after everyone left I realized that I didn't get to visit with most of the family because I was busy serving, okay eating strawberry shortcake. We also had apple crisp, sugar & chocolate chip cookies, brownies, ice cream and even caramel popcorn. No wonder some of us have weight issues and are on our way to diabetes. I guess on Mother's Day it's okay to splurge a little bit. I got a call from Spencer earlier in the day. I hope he treated Annie to a nice relaxing day. I think he's pretty good about helping her. My little darlings gave me some nice things. I got a HUGE box of gumballs. Sixteen pounds of all different colors of giant gumballs. I know, everyone is going to be so jealous about that. Mindi brought me home a darling glass rooster and some fudge from the "happiest place on Earth." Candi gave me a sparkling necklace with matching earrings. She loves to keep her Mom accessorized. Being a hairdresser, she is one to tell me straight up what I need to improve my coif and appearance. I appreciate that! Rich worked all day on Saturday to fix as many things as he could around the house. He planted some purple flowers in Kamber's planter area and let me sleep in on Sunday until we were late for church. It was interesting at church how many women told me how much they hated Mother's Day. I thought I was the only one with the bad attitude. It seems like I have plenty of company in this area. I'm just glad it's over for another year and we can concentrate on Father's Day. It's time for them to start feeling the guilt. Thanks to all my "little darlings" for remembering your "less than perfect" mother. I love you all!
All of the grand kids that were here in order of their age. The purple flower represents Kamber.

1 comment:

The McNeil Family said...

I am glad u had a great mothers day. I love the picture of the grandkids it is so neat to see them together and smiling. O but I guess u are missing two.