Sunday, May 23, 2010

"Bear One Another's Burdens"


I am always so glad when May 22nd comes and goes because it is always so stressful for me to have a birthday. I got up yesterday with a long list of chores I wanted to get done around the house. Rich, Dave and the boys were up at the Fathers and Sons so that left Mindi and I alone to work on them. We moved all the baby turtles and baby chicks off the back porch so the flies would move on out. I always just put on a nightgown to feed animals so I never got dressed until we went to Fuddruckers in the evening. I feel really embarrassed that my friends showed up with gifts and I wasn't dressed. I appreciate all of you who called or brought fun little presents for me. I am so thankful for everyone who made my day special. I am seriously, so blessed.

Thank you!

For church today we attended the Gila Valley Temple dedication. It was very relaxing sitting and waiting for it to start. They were showing different temples and the rooms in them. Only children older than eight could go, so Rich and I and Tristyn went at 9 a.m. Then Dave, Mindi and Trace went at 12 p.m. so Tristyn could watch the little boys. As I was getting ready I always listen to a Hillary Weeks CD. I love her voice and when I listen to the words it always makes me think about Kamber. Probably because Jenn put her songs on Kamber's video. I wondered what she was doing and if she would be one of the little angels there. The temple matron even commented about how thin the veil is between earth and heaven and I was hoping Kamber was there with us.

Dave's brother-in-law Craig has been in hospice for the last couple of weeks. He's been battling cancer for six years. They said it would be several months but he took a turn for the worst and came down with pneumonia. Mindi told me this morning that he passed away last night on my birthday. The funeral will be next Saturday so they will be busy this week with family obligations. Patti was such a huge help when we were going through our crisis. She absolutely saved our life helping with anything we asked her to do. It is now our turn to step in and help her. I guess that is what life is all about. In Mosiah 18: 9 it says, "Yea and are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, even until death." We need to be "willing to bear one another's burdens, that they may be light." Hopefully we can step in now and help Patti and her children get through this difficult time in their lives. I think that is what life is all about!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Teri ~ happy happy birthday (late). I too am not a fan of birthdays and or mother's day ~ so I can relate to your feelings ~ I don't even like Valentin's Day. I thnk it is a set you up to fail day. Is there somethin wrong with me? Anyhoo ~ hope all is well. Hannah said to tell Tristyn "hi"