Monday, May 17, 2010

I Love Mondays!

The three kids that were here on Mother's Day. We used Spencer's cardboard cutout in his place.

As I have written before, Mondays aren't my favorite day, but every week that rolls around includes a Monday so I will just have to deal with it. I had a couple friends ask me yesterday at church if I wanted to go to a bread making class this morning. I then tried to give them my lame excuse and they finally said, " oh yeah, you don't like to do anything on Monday." It seems like everything is getting harder and harder to do. I used to be able to keep up with my house and when I was younger I even mowed the lawns while my children played outside. Now I can barely limp out to feed the animals twice a day, get my bed made, a few loads of laundry done, maybe my dishes before I need my afternoon siesta. I did iron about fifteen of Rich's shirts today and went down to Mindi's and we did a workout from the "Biggest Loser" book. I read an article in the paper yesterday that said exercise is better than any drug for depression and anxiety, so I'm going to give that a whirl.

Last week I was talking to someone in my family about the struggles I have had with my health, weight, anxiety ......etc. They said, " I wonder how your life would have been different if you hadn't had all the stress of having four children." It really took me back and I said, "I don't regret anything I have done with the decision to have four children. I wouldn't give up all I have learned through the trials or the relationships I have. I can't imagine being without any of my children who I love so much." I look at my two daughters and daughter- in -laws and I am so proud of the mothers they have become. We pray for Jenn and Annie every night that the babies they are carrying will be born healthy without complications. I don't know if I could take it if something happened to one of these precious little spirits. The older I get makes me realize that every thing we have is a blessing from our Heavenly Father. I don't take any thing for granted anymore. Rich has a saying when he describes things before our world kind of fell apart. He says, "when we were fat, dumb and happy," Sometimes I would describe me as just "fat, dumb and unhappy." Going back to the how my life might have been different had I only had one or two children. I know that when we go back to our Heavenly home all that we will have is our family. The relationships we have formed on this earth will hopefully be so important to us when we leave this earth. Our extended family always get together at the Mesa Cemetery the Sunday evening of Memorial Day Weekend. Last year was really painful for us. I hope this year will be a little bit easier, but you never know what emotions will surface as we move through the cemetery decorating the graves of our loved ones. Oh well, life keeps us busy and I will continue to plug along doing what I can to survive the trials of life. I know I have more blessings than I deserve.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Teri
I can totally relate to what you said about not taking things for granted. I would never wish upon anyone what you and Rich have gone through or what I have been through this past year, but when I think about how much Heavenly Father has blessed my life this past year I'm grateful for what I have learned about myself. I love you and Rich and pray that you will continue to feel comfort.