Tuesday, May 18, 2010

"Good Morning?"


Sometimes I feel like when I write a post I sound like a broken record. I decided I wouldn't write again until I could say something that wasn't dark or sad. Well this morning I had a little experience that has kept me laughing every time I think about it. I have talked about how we have had to lock up the barnyard animals every night to protect them from the varmints who have decided to have breakfast in my yard each morning. Anyway, this morning I got up early and went out to let them out. I usually just throw a short little night shirt on with my tennis shoes and head out. I was pleasantly surprised that my loving husband had already gone out to the farm and opened the gates. I grabbed some carrots for the rabbits and out the door I went. No bra, no shorts, just a nightie and shoes. Just as I got out the door I heard a loud swooshing sound, like a propane tank about to explode. I looked over the south side of my house and could see a giant hot air balloon that I thought must be landing in the neighborhood behind us. I went ahead and threw the chickens some scratch and fed the rabbits. I turned to go start the big pump to my pond and throw some pellets to my huge koi when I saw the balloon just above my house coming towards me. It was so low I could see the people in the basket and hear them say, "Good Morning." I was so embarrassed, here I was in my pajamas no bra, my underwear hanging out trying to get inside my house before they could see me. I said, "you are kind of low aren't you?" I didn't hear a response. I came in and yelled at Rich to come out and we stood and watched the balloon as it drifted west towards my brother's house. He said, "I think they are going to crash in to Ben's tress." We came in and I went and told Mindi what had happened and by then Rich's secretary Amber had showed up for work. I was telling her about my adventure and she said it had landed in our neighbor's yard down the street. I wonder if they were trying to find a place to land because it didn't seem like they had enough lift to go much farther. It's not every day you have a hot air balloon fly over your house. I guess I will need to be more careful how I dress when I'm out slopping the hogs.

1 comment:

The McNeil Family said...

Wow. How fun to see a hot air balloom outside of your house. I need to call you and see what you want the invite for jens shower to say. and to see if the date is still the 19th. Our friend who is making them is going to girls camp the 1st wk in June so we should have her make them before that so we can mail them out the 1st wk in June. I will call you tomorrow to see what else I can do to help with the planning.