Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Dewey's Birthday!

Today is my darling husband's birthday. He started out at his body sculpting workout at 5:15 a.m. He said there was another guy there who turned 46 today and so he did everything 46 times. I said, "did you tell them it was your 56th and do all the exercises 56 times." He said, "heck no! I just kept my mouth shut." That's my MAN. I don't know how we hooked up because I can't keep my mouth shut and he is pretty quiet, unless you make him mad. I asked him what I could get him for his birthday. He said for me not to spend any money would be a great present. So today I stayed home and worked on two quilts for the grand kids and stayed away from the stores per his request. Tomorrow will be the day we head out to the mall. There have been times that I have planned a big party for him. On his 50th we threw a surprise party and invited lots of friends and family. It was "kind of a bust" and I could tell he was embarrassed that we made such a big deal about it that I promised myself I wouldn't ever do that to him again. I've been true to my word. It use to bother me that he didn't want to spend a nice day with me and go to lunch, the mall, a movie, or out for ice cream. But since it has been 34 years I am "over it" so we just let him do whatever he wants, which is work as long and hard as he wants to. I also try not to nag him on his birthday, I'm sure he appreciates that. So all I will say is Happy 56th Birthday to the strongest guy with the biggest heart I know!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday Brother Larsen! We love and miss you. As a birthday present I thought you would like to know that Taylor is putting in his mission papers this week ~ Woo Hoo ~ he has come so far. Thank you or all you did for him. We think YOU truly are GREAT!!!!!

Debbie said...

Pass on our happy b-day!