Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Memorial Weekend


We had a wonderful weekend with family, all of our children and grandchildren were together for the first time in a long while. Spencer and Annie left for Colorado but will be back for a month in July to visit until training camp starts. We went to the cemetery on Sunday evening where the whole herd of us walked from the starting point all the way where we ended at Kamber's grave. I think this year was easier for us all, but we will never forget her. My grandmother started decorating graves when my mother was still in high school. She once said that after she died we wouldn't continue the tradition. Well, we proved her wrong because it is an annual affair for all the brothers and sisters, aunts and uncles, cousins and now grand kids and great grand kids.

My second child (bless her heart) Candi's birthday is today. I still can't believe how old my children are getting. She is 31 this year. She was such a pistol when she was a teenager. She is lucky Rich and I didn't hurt her. She is so much fun now and has a good husband and two darling little boys. I still hope some day she will have a girl so she can experience the euphoria of having a teenage daughter with all the drama that brings.
I finished Troy's dinosaur blanket this morning. I was working on it steadily until I got sidetracked making a couple of baby shower gifts. I took it in to him and he was really excited. He has been using his baby quilts and has certainly outgrown them. Well, now Trent, Trace, Kylie, Tayler and Tristyn all think they need bigger and better quilts. I tell you I'm not going to be able to keep up with these fourteen kids. As soon as I get them done, they all want something different and larger. Oh well, I'm just thankful I have enough patience and time to be able to do something I love to do. I feel appreciated when I see how much they use them. Now that the weather is getting hot maybe they will forget about it until November.

2 comments:

Flip flop Queen! said...

That is so cute!!! It is amazing how fast they out grow their quilts and how worn they get. When my girls are home they are always snuggled in their quilts. I am still trying to think of a way to display Kamber's quilts. I really don't want to put them away. They are one thing I am sooo grateful I have because she loved them and I can grab them and snuggle in them when I need to feel her comfort. Thanks for all the time and work you put in to these special blankets!

The McNeil Family said...

That is a beautiful Quilt. Your grandkids are so lucky to have you as a grandma that makes these quilts. I lucky to say that my kids love the ones you made them, especially miss brynlee. I have to hide it from her when I want to wash it.Thanks for taking time to make quilts for my children too. You are an amazing Lady.