Friday, June 18, 2010

"Dodged a Bullet"

The Candy Bar

Mindi's Cupcake Tower that took all week to make. The top is a real cupcake! So Cute!!!

The dark cloud has lifted. I wrote a post a few days ago but it never felt right, so I decided to try again today. This has been a crazy week. Mindi and I have been working really hard putting the final touches on Jenn's baby shower last night. I know we overdo everything but when we decide to do something we want it to be nice. We appreciate all those who helped with the food and came and supported her, I know she really appreciated it. We love Ethan, Jenn and their family and are so excited to welcome this little baby boy and pray everyday he will be born healthy and strong. We feel the same about Spencer and Annie's little girl due in August.

Yesterday morning my cleaning girl came but she's been sick for a few weeks. I knew she still wasn't feeling well so I helped her do the final cleaning and setting up chairs and tables. As I walked past my kitchen sink I could hear some gurgling sounds and I realized that our septic tank was about to overflow again. I hurried down to Mindi's to tell her to go let her sister-in-law know what was going on and to stop all the showers and toilet flushing in the back part of my house where they had been staying all week. It has been one year since we had the flood that ruined our master bath and I have just barely gotten my house almost where I want it to be, I couldn't have another flood, not on the day of the shower. So I spent the rest of the day conserving what water I could. I think I "dodged a bullet." It reminded me of Murphy's Law which is that "anything that can go wrong probably will."

As I got ready for bed I knew I was in big trouble. All the abuse I put on my poor arthritic hip had now snowballed into a pain so bad I couldn't get into bed or in a position that I could sleep. I almost called 911 to get an ambulance ride over to the hospital. Anyway, I lived through the night and got Mindi's kids to help me go out to feed the animals this morning. Why does life have to be so hard? If it isn't emotional pain it's physical. Anyway, I guess it is time to finally see a surgeon. I've been putting it off for a long time hoping it would heal on it's own but I don't think a miracle is in the cards for me this time. It's sad that as you age all the injuries and trauma that happens to your body when you are young comes back to bite you in the behind when you get my age. I am thankful that I have opportunities to share my home and talents with others. Seriously, I'm so blessed.

1 comment:

The McNeil Family said...

Thank you for letting us use your house for the shower. It turned out great. I hope you get in to have your hip looked at. Hope u are feeling alittle better.