Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Life Is Moving Forward


I was thinking this morning how fast the summer is going by. It really hasn't been that hot, although today when Mindi and I went out to Candi's house to water her plants I thought we were going to die it was so hot. She went to California to visit her in-laws at the beach. It must be rough! Len and Julie made it up to Utah and were set apart as missionaries yesterday. Three years is a long time to be gone away from your family. I admire them for their consecrated lives. I would like to just get away for a few days, but with all the responsibilities I have with my pets and house it would almost be impossible. I feel like I stay home and keep the home fires burning while everyone else does what they want. I know this is my own fault and I have brought this on myself . At times I do feel like my life is passing me by. I spent twenty years being a stay at home Mom but worked my way out of that job. I've been unemployed since Spencer left on his mission in 2003. On Sunday we took the last pictures of my family for the next three years. Hopefully we will all be here when they return in 2013.


Next month will be the two year mark since Kamber returned to our Heavenly Father. I was talking to Jenn about it yesterday by the pool. It seems like we are moving towards the final stage of grief which is the acceptance part. I have been stuck on several of the stages especially denial and anger, but I am slowly realizing that I am truly powerless over this adversity. There wasn't anything I could have done to prevent it. It has taken lots of work and tears to try and feel peace and joy again in my life.

I continue to work on my quilts. I made two for Jenn's shower for baby Max. They turned out so cute. I made one blue and yellow one and a blue and brown one with monkeys on it. In the last few weeks I have had at least four of my grandchildren tell me they need a new quilt. So I've been brainstorming on what theme I could do for each of them. It is good for me to go in my sewing room and just create something that I think will be appreciated by these little children. Kamber loved her quilts so with every stitch I think about her. I hope she knows that.

3 comments:

The McNeil Family said...

Max's quilts were so adorable. Your grandchildren are so lucky and blessed to have you in there life. It is crazy to think it was two years that I received that call about Kamber and that I held in her in my arms at the hosptial. She is truly missed and loved

Unknown said...

Teri, you are so sweet I love you so much. You and your quilts are amazing, I have mine right where I can see it and I love it. thanks for your example

Debbie said...

You are a better grandma than me!