Monday, June 21, 2010

Fathers in my Life

I woke up this morning feeling so guilty that because of all the drama yesterday I hadn't even told my Dad or Husband how much I love and appreciate them. I seem to get my priorities wrong when I'm going through a crisis and it was so stressful yesterday. I need to repent and acknowledge those who have made my life so abundant.
My Dad is a wonderful, faithful and spiritual person. He has been a Bishop and serves in the Temple with my Mom even though he has had two hip replacements, one new knee and battling prostate cancer. He loves to golf and still with all his bionic parts seems to hit the golf ball well enough to beat all his old cronies.

Yesterday celebrating Father's Day!

My Husband has a heart of gold and service is his best quality. If anyone needs help he is always willing to step in and do what is necessary. Because he has chosen to run his own contracting business we haven't had the life of luxury or spare time to vacation or travel. If he isn't working day in and day out the bills don't get paid. Sometimes that has been hard to explain to our children that we can't just take off for a week or two to Disneyland or the beach.
Hiking Havasupai.

The other Fathers in my life that make me so proud are the Fathers of my grandchildren. My two sons and sons-in-law. Because Mindi and Dave live so close I depend on Dave to do lots of things for me that Rich doesn't have time or isn't here to do. He may complain to Mindi, but he is always so kind and willing to jump in and I love him for that. I know he loves his children. I think Mindi really lucked out having him for her husband. Ethan is like Rich in that he has a heart of gold and would do anything or give all he has to make others happy. He works hard to provide for his little girls and Jenn and I am so proud of the man he has become. Spencer is a hands on kind of Dad. I think he has changed as many diapers as Annie has. At least when they are here I always see him help with the little darlings they have. He is a softy when it comes to his kids and I never see him get angry or out of control with them. B.J. is a wonderful dad. He takes care of the boys because Candi loves her job and wants to continue working. When I see him with his boys he is so kind and patient with them. Men aren't suppose to be the nurturing kind, but I think he does so good with them.


Dave's favorite place to take his family...Disneyland!

Ethan and Rich at our last trip to the lake.

The day of Kamber's funeral and Gunnar's birth.

Christmas last year.

Before Rich left this morning he said,"today is your favorite day, the day after Father's Day." I told him he was making up stories in his head. Anyway, I guess he didn't "feel the love" yesterday. I need to do better at planning my breakdowns and crises around that special day for Fathers.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Love the picture of your dad and brothers standing in front of the sunflowers! Nice post. You are better than me. I didn't even think about doing a post like this. Way to go. Saw your dad in the temple the other day. It was good to see him. I had to tell him who I was. Guess it has been awhile. He looked good.