Thursday, October 3, 2013

Trulie's New Pink Pig Backpack

I didn't sleep well last night because I kept waking up and looking at the clock. Rich had to get to the airport early for his trip to Utah for his missionary reunion tomorrow night and spend time with his sister and her family. I kept thinking I would fall back to sleep but I have so much to get done, my mind was swirling. I have felt for a long time that I'm the one left behind while others around me are movers and shakers. I was the one staying home taking care of the kids while Rich worked and churched. I had a choice to either stay home or go, but I felt it was important that Rich get to go visit his family without me there. I got to thinking about my own life and how fun it would be to have a weekend with my brother and get to spend some time with him alone. I know that will never happen, but I still think it would be fun. Yesterday Mindi and I did some grocery shopping on Senior Citizen day at the grocery store. We made the mistake of taking Trulie the Tornado and it took us two hours to get through the store. As we were working our way through the store we stopped on one aisle to look for something. I was talking to a guy who was telling me about his upcoming trip to Disneyland. When Mindi pushed her little car cart with Trulie in it, there was blue fabric softener spilled all over the floor. Yes, this darling little angel of a child had grabbed a container of Purex, opened it, and poured it all down the front of her clothes and all over the floor. Mindi went to tell someone they had a "clean up on aisle 5" and we waited so no one would slip and fall. I ended up buying the half full bottle of fabric softener and a pink pig backpack Trulie had put in the cart. The money we saved shopping on this bargain day was really spent buying things that Trulie destroyed. I think next time we will just take her to daycare and shop in peace. Now that's an idea, shopping in peace.

No comments: