Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pomegranate Time, Oh My!

Last week was crazy and this one doesn't look that much better. I felt so good on Saturday and got a lot accomplished. I was feeling really good about myself when as I was sitting in Stake Conference I started feeling sick again. My head was pounding and by the time I got home  was chilling, running a fever and shivering. I jumped into the hot bath, took some medicine and went to bed. I think I was up almost every hour on the hour during the night and felt like I'd been hit by a bus by morning. What the heck is wrong with me? My Mom kept calling me during the day checking on how I was doing and said, "boy you sure picked up a nasty bug." You Think! We just got home from picking pomegranates at my friend Sandy's house. She lets us have the fruit and then we make her some jelly, it works for me. It was so fun to have Julie back and she brought Aubrey and her little grandson Jonah, who wasn't feeling that great. My sister Mell, Mindi and I all got it done in under two hours. Last year it took us twice as long, so it was so nice to have the help. Now if I can just get Mindi's boys and their friends to help me pick my trees we will have all the fruit ready to start juicing on Friday. My plans to go to Florida to watch Spencer play have changed. We were going to leave Dave here to take care of kids, animals, and the house but it never really felt right for me. I don't think a cross country flight is the way to go for someone who is afraid to get on an airplane. I wish I had the courage to trust things in my life to go well, but if I don't feel good about it, I'm not going to do it just because others think I should. It seems like since I turned sixty and went to Landmark I'm not the same person. I'm getting really tired of the status quo and am searching for that new possibility they talked so much about at my forum. Someday I will have the courage to make that jump and have that new possibility I so need.

No comments: