Friday, October 25, 2013

I Must Be An Idiot

It seems like the weeks are passing by so quickly that it will be Christmas before we know it. Yesterday was busy with a neighborhood luncheon and another volleyball game. As I was working around the house I pulled a rug out and there was a big scorpion under it. I didn't have shoes on and it didn't look like it was going anywhere, so I just grabbed some Clorox cleaner from my bathroom and sprayed it, thinking that would kill it. Later on in the evening as I was taking the food out to the dogs I felt a pain that made me think I had stepped on a piece of glass. Then I realized it was my friend, Mr. Scorpion that I hadn't killed. It got me on the side of my ankle and has been paining and numb since last night. This time Mindi pulled the rug out and stomped on it. I am convinced that I must just be an idiot sometimes. Why didn't I kill the dang thing? It sure would have saved me a lot of suffering and sleep. As I was telling Spencer about it he started laughing and said, "I'm surprised you even feel it anymore with all the times you've been stung, maybe you should wear some shoes." It was pretty funny and there's nothing I can do about it but laugh. But the next time I see one of these nasty things, I will find something and kill it before it has time to sting me again.

No comments: