Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Thankful To Be Out Of Bed

Last weekend was busy with our Ward party a wedding reception and church. I kept feeling like I was getting sick but never really got bad enough to stay down. Yesterday I got up and started working around the house when I hit the wall. I started chilling and running a fever and felt like crap. I spent the rest of the day in bed, taking my temperature and trying to control the pain. It's been a long time since I felt that bad. I have heard from several people that this 24 hour flu is going around where you run a fever have a terrible headache and then you feel better. As I was lying in bed praying to get well, I wondered how those that are truly too sick to get out of bed day after day do it. I look around my house and see all that needs to be done and even though I'm still not back to normal at least I can function a little bit. On Sunday night we went over to Ethan and Jenn's for dinner and then went out to their new house to see the progress that has been made on the house they are fixing up to live in until they can build something bigger and better. The property is way out East but there is a calm peaceful feeling there. It reminded me of when we first moved to Gilbert and there were very few homes around us and it had such a nice country feeling to it. Rich and I have contemplated selling this house and moving out there and building something but feel we are to old and tired to start over. It has taken us seventeen years just to get this house finished and it still needs lots of work done to it. It was so fun to have Mom and Dad come out and we had eleven of our seventeen grandchildren there. They had so much fun running around the yard, climbing dirt piles and catching lizards. I'm thankful to be up and feeling better today, being sick is not fun and I have so much to do to keep things running around here, besides I think my animals missed me.
 


1 comment:

Coplen's said...

Teri it was so good to see you, Rich and the whole family yesterday!!! I miss and love you guys! Tristan is an AMAZING volleyball player that girl is going places!!!! Here is my # 602-686-3208.