Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Birthdays and Obamacare

When the weather gets hot all the flowers in front die and the sunflowers move in. I have to admit I'm not a big sunflower fan but Rich thinks it looks better than empty flower beds. Well, this Saturday I woke up and thought, "If Rich doesn't get rid of those sunflowers I'm going to pull them up when he goes to Conference this weekend." About ten minutes later he walked in and said, "do you want to come out and say goodbye to the sunflowers?" After thirty-eight years together I guess we are starting to think alike. So out they came and he hauled them out to the dump. I felt really bad on Sunday morning as I looked out my kitchen window to see all the little birds sitting on the rose tress wondering where their breakfast went. But it is so nice to look out and see the roses and I can even see the neighbors house now. Today is October 1st. and it is my grandson Troy's birthday and also my niece Alishia's. Next week it will be my sister Mell and another grandson Trent's birthday on the tenth, not to mention my son-in-law B.J. and little Dane, Spencer's baby share their birthday on the eleventh. Why all the October birthdays, what's so special about January? Spencer is back in Florida playing for the Buccaneers and hopefully their team can make some changes and win some games. Annie is leaving Denver tomorrow to go spend some time with him, he doesn't do well without his family with him. Life continues to move along, the weather is slowly cooling off and before we know it Christmas will be here. Yikes! I'm so tired of hearing about all the fighting in Washington, I don't see why the American people don't see what is happening to our country. I wonder what kind of country we will have when my grandchildren grow up. It's really scary, but maybe I should check in to getting some insurance through Obamacare, now that's an idea!
 



No comments: