Saturday, October 19, 2013

"Saturday Is A Special Day"

"Saturday is a special day, it's the day we get ready for Sunday." I don't know why that little Primary song keeps going through my head but it is. The weather has finally cooled off a little bit and I've already forgotten how miserable the summer was. Rich has planted our winter lawn and is in the process of planting flowers in the flower beds in the front. This is always an emotional day as I see the purple flowers being planted in memory of sweet Kamber.  It's hard to believe it's been five years and we still have hard days, but finally there are more good days than bad, so we are thankful for that. Mindi has been crazy trying to find Halloween costumes for her little goblins. This is when I'm so thankful to be a grandma and not have to worry about those dang costumes, I'm not a very big fan of Halloween. I know lots of people who love dressing up and have amazing abilities to transform themselves, but to me it's just too much work. We have our ward Fall Festival and a wedding reception tonight, church tomorrow and then next week is busy with volleyball games and picking and juicing pomegranates. Then there's Halloween and getting my house ready for Thanksgiving. I'm trying to pace myself so I don't end up having a breakdown, but this is such a busy and fun time of year. Life would be so boring if I didn't have so much to do, but I'm going to need a nap for sure to be able to get through all these activities.

No comments: