Saturday, December 17, 2011

We Will Never Give Up

Here it is a week before Christmas, how can that be? I've been busy trying to get my shopping finished and stay "out of the toilet." It's hard around the Holidays to keep everything in perspective, what Christmas is really all about. I went out the other night to feed my animals and one of my special rabbits was missing out of the cage. I asked Mindi if she had seen her in the morning and she had. So I went in the cage thinking maybe she was just hiding, when I saw a hole leading out of the cage to the backyard. Because of the rain the dirt was really soft so it was easy for her to dig her way out. Mindi and I searched the yard until we found her dead under the grape vines. Couldn't she see the five big dogs waiting to chase her? It put me in such a bad mood I could hardly function yesterday. Ethan came by and said, "I hear you are down in the dumps, come with me and I'll buy you lunch and you can spend some time holding the baby." So off I went to spend a few hours with the grand kids in Queen Creek. Last night as I was getting ready for bed I asked Rich, "at what point do you just give up, throw in towel, or just crawl in a hole?" My ever optimistic husband said, "Never! we never give up, we endure to the end." Okay, I think sometimes that I am at the end, I'm tired of my life as I know it. Yesterday I was talking to my Mom, she always tries to cheer me up. She lived through the depression when life was really hard. Her Dad was sick and my grandmother had to provide for the family. She understands what hard times are and she always tells me "things are going to work out, get better and don't get discouraged." With all of this positive energy around me how did I turn out to be such a Debbie Downer? I guess I need to keep working on that gratitude journal, then maybe things will get better, and work out for the best.

No comments: