Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I Need to Build an Ark, We Are Flooding

It has rained now for two days straight, my yard looks like a swamp and my animals are swimming. How do people live in places where it rains constantly? This morning the sun was shining for about an hour. We thought it was clearing up so off we went to the Mall. I'm trying to get all the Christmas bought for my grand kids, the adults aren't getting anything this year unless Rich wants to shop for them. I heard on the news this morning that women do most of the shopping for Christmas, Really? I know if it isn't at Home Depot or Loew's, Rich doesn't think we need it. I remember when my kids were young I would kill myself shopping, sometimes late when the stores were open until midnight. I would then spend all Christmas Eve wrapping because if I put presents out any earlier the kids wouldn't leave them alone. Then on Christmas morning Rich would say something like,"Wow you bought way too much this year." Then the blood would start shooting out of my eyes after I spent hours and hours trying to make Christmas nice. I guess he just thought everything should be free or that Santa Clause would bring it. Men just don't get the shopping thing, Rich would be naked and starve if he did the shopping. So I guess it's a good thing I bust my butt every year so we can have some sort of Christmas. We have all felt so overwhelmed lately with all that we have to do. Rich and Dave are working 10-12 hours a day and we still are hardly making it. Mindi and I work all day trying to keep up with laundry, dishes, cleaning and not to mention five kids to take care of. Maybe we should put the house up for sale and move into an apartment where they do all the lawns, or a hotel where we can have maid service. That sounds great, but what will I do with all the stuff I have and the critters? I guess I need to just be happy with what I've got right now and be thankful I'm not in a sleeping bag in the park in the rain.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The hotel idea sounds great--you forgot about room service--how nice would that be? eric and I have talked about moving out of our house into something smaller too--xoxo love you girl