Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas To All


Candi and Max

Four oldest grand kids

Me loving Max

You know you're an old fart when on Christmas Eve you soak in the tub and watch The Sound of Music on t.v. My sister and I were venting last night about how hard it is to fit everything in. It seems like the older I get the less I get accomplished and that's frustrating. Today was a different day and it didn't seem like Christmas Eve. Spencer played in Buffalo against the Bills and they did terrible. There is only one game left and if they don't win, their season is over, NO play offs. As I sat watching the game I became more and more anxious. I probably shouldn't watch the games because it puts me in such a bad mood when they play so bad, four interceptions, really? So after the game Mindi and I did some retail therapy trying to finish up our shopping and looking for bargains. I came home wrapped presents for my grand kids and told Rich I was going to bed. He said, "it's only 8 o'clock are you really going to bed?" Yes, I'm tired and tomorrow is going to be another crazy day with church and then the whole family coming for dinner. Is this the way life is going to be moving towards 60? I guess so. I've been kind of down in the dumps lately. It seems like the stress of the holidays brings out some sad emotions deep down inside of me. Last night at our family party I looked around at all of the eighty people that were there. I have so much to be thankful for. I have the best parents, spouse, kids, grand kids, siblings and friends. I have a testimony that our Savior lives and he loves me and watches over us. I still don't understand why Kamber had to go home, but know I will see her again someday. I think I'm finally getting the real meaning of Christmas. It's the gratitude we have for the birth of our Savior and the love we have for all his creations. I hope all those I love have a wonderful peaceful Christmas tomorrow and feel his spirit.

No comments: