Thursday, December 22, 2011

"The Most Wonderful Time of the Year?"






I spent this morning doing some much needed housework, I know how busy the next few days will be, with our extended family party tomorrow and then Christmas Eve and Christmas. After I was finished Mindi and I did some last minute shopping, it felt good to be out of the house. We then met up with Candi, B.J. and their boys at the cemetery to put a little something on Kamber's grave. Families shouldn't have to decorate children's graves, especially at Christmas, this was our third year. As we pulled up I noticed two teenage girls putting red garland around a tree close by. There was an older man with buckets and gallon water containers cleaning the grave of his sweetheart. After we were finished I walked over to him and told him how nice he kept his wife's grave. She passed away about 18 months ago. As I looked in his eyes I could see the sadness and loneliness, what a loving husband. As we were walking around B.J. and I started talking about how we came to purchase some plots at the cemetery. He wanted to go see where our "final resting place" will be. As we looked at some of the headstones there were many whose spouses have died way before them. I'm glad I have the knowledge that we will see our loved ones again. That gives me peace. I have felt overwhelmed and disillusioned about my life right now. Life is hard, and the older I get the harder it seems to get. I hope some day I will get to the point that my faith will be able to pull me through the hard times, but right now I'm just hoping for some peace during "the most wonderful time of the year."

No comments: