Monday, December 19, 2011

Birthday Change of Plans



This morning I woke up at 5:30 a.m. with the water running in the shower. Dang how I hate being married to an early bird. I tried to get back to sleep but after about an hour I decided to just get up and start working. By 8:00 I had my sheets washed, the dishwasher loaded, the dogs and fish fed, breakfast and lunch made for Rich and my caramel popcorn cooking on the stove. Today and every day this week are going to be busy but today was going to be a special day. We were going out to lunch to celebrate the birthday of a good friend of mine. I have known Paula for over twenty years as she lived in Lehi when we were both down there. She has four boys just about the same ages as my children and was a second Mom to Spencer because he was best friends with her youngest Blake. Anyway, after a divorce and the accidental death of her oldest son, she remarried a guy in my ward and so we were reunited again. She has been a very good friend to me. When I had my hip surgery she slept at the hospital on a mat on the floor so I wasn't alone for the two nights I was recovering. She came over a lot this summer trying to encourage me to exercise in the pool. We have had some very special conversations and cried together after the death of her son Rhett and my grand daughter Kamber. I hope I can return just a little bit of service to her. Unfortunately I just got a call that she is sick and won't be able to go to lunch, but I know we can go when she feels better. Now that our plans have changed I need to decide what is most important to get done today, I don't even know where to start.

No comments: