Friday, December 9, 2011

NOT So "Merry and Bright"

This week the grand kids have had ear infections, bladder problems, diaper rash and strep throat, those are just the ones I know about. Mindi went out to feed the animals yesterday and pulled something in her back. She just left for the doctor. After a summer of over 110 degrees it was 28 this morning. The animals don't like it so cold, either do the flowers Rich planted. I spent all day yesterday trying to decorate my Christmas tree and finish the swag in my entry way. Last night I was sitting alone in my family room enjoying all my work feeling sorry for myself when the phone rang. One of my best friends called to tell me her father had passed away. I could hear the pain in her voice as she told me "I'm so sad, I will miss him." I knew her parents weren't in very good health but didn't know he was that sick. It seems like everywhere I look there are trials, and heartache. Just because it's Christmas doesn't mean all is "Merry and Bright," we are all going through something hard, especially trying to diet during the holidays. Sometimes I wonder if it's all worth it, hopefully when we get to the other side and are reunited with our loved ones we will be proud of what we did here. I'm thinking I'll have some huge regrets, some character flaws I wasn't able to overcome, and some relationships ruined. This mortal life is how we prepare to return to our Heavenly Home, hopefully I'm going to be up for the challenge, right now I'm just trying to get through Christmas.

No comments: