Thursday, December 29, 2011

Post Christmas Blues



I woke up at 7 a.m. this morning and got to work. My house has looked like a bomb went off with all the Christmas crap around and dishes, laundry and everything else to do. I got my mantle cleared off, the Christmas tree ornaments all taken off and almost everything back where it belongs. The only thing I have left to do is put all the boxes up in my closet. I'm hoping someone can help me do that tonight. How fast the "Christmas Season" ends around here. It seems like we have a day to enjoy the holiday, feel the spirit and then it's back to the same old routine. I'm getting weary of it. Next year I think I'll find a little ceramic tree and put it on a table, I'm done doing this all by myself year after year. I've been thinking a lot about moving in to the new year. How can I make some changes that will help me have a more healthy, happy lifestyle. I thought maybe starting a "gratitude journal," to help remind me of my blessings, but I'm not really in the mood for that. Am I the only one who thinks life is just too hard right now? Is everyone in denial? Maybe it's just my bad attitude, but I swear next year is going to be different for me, I'm tired of the same old thing. We had a very simple Christmas, it was hard fitting church in on Christmas Day but the music and message was good. We had our kids and grand kids come over and open presents and then all the extended family came for dinner. That is the only way we can do it so my parents can see all the grand and great grand kids. It was sad this year because my one brother is serving a mission and the other has just gone through a divorce. That leaves most of the work for my sister and me and our kids. Hopefully things will get better, the sun has to come up again tomorrow, and hopefully Christmas will be behind me.

No comments: