Thursday, September 29, 2011

Can't Wait for Conference and Birthdays

Mindi is going crazy because she has two birthdays soon. We have been running errands all day yesterday and today trying to put the finishing touches on supplies she needs for these parties. Yesterday we went down into the middle of Phoenix so she could pick up some special Mario Brothers cake decorating molds. On the way through downtown we had been talking about some of the challenges we have in our lives. While we were stopped at a light I saw a large girl walk across the street who looked disheveled and not dressed so well. As I looked the other direction I saw a guy in a wheelchair with only one leg pulling himself along, carrying his possessions on his lap. Mindi made the comment, "see Mom things could be worse." I felt ashamed of all the complaining I had been doing on our little road trip. As we left Phoenix we headed towards my parents home in Scottsdale. We decided to go by to see my Dad who stays home alone while my Mom still works in the Temple. As we drove through Scottsdale I had so many memories flood my mind. This is where I did my student teaching. This is where I went to grade school and high school. My Dad seemed to enjoy the visit and Mindi even helped him learn how to change the t.v. to the DVD player. My parents won't get a computer because they think they are "too dumb" to learn how to run one. Anyway, Rich left this morning at 4:45 a.m. to fly to Utah to attend his missionary reunion tomorrow and spend some time with his sister and her family. Then he's coming back to the airport on Sat. and meeting up with Dave and B.J. to go to Green Bay to watch Spencer play football. That means I have the bed all to myself, don't have to cook or clean and can spend all day tomorrow shopping at the mall. Then on Sat. and Sun. I can watch conference all by myself, I love the feeling I get listening to the speakers and the music. Oh I forgot I need to make some time for the birthday party on Sat., sounds like a busy weekend! Hopefully next week I will have some time to spend finishing some of my quilts, I have too many that need my attention, and that's where I go to find some peace.

No comments: