Saturday, September 17, 2011

Catching Up!

I have spent the last three days catching up. Catching up on sleep, laundry, cleaning and reading. A week ago I left right after my nieces shower and traveled for five days going through three states. It was nice to get back to my own bed and the right time zone. I hate being where the time is an hour later than it should be, it confuses me. This morning I got up and read my scriptures and a chapter in the book, "To The Rescue," the Biography of Thomas S. Monson. I have really enjoyed reading about his life. This morning I read about how he was called as a Bishop at twenty two years old. Wow, that's young for a Bishop. He was especially kind to the widows in the ward and those who were struggling during hard times. It talked about how he liked going to funerals because he felt uplifted by the teachings and truths of the gospel he heard there. He said, "Because our Savior died at Calvary, death has no hold upon any one of us ...we laugh, we cry, we work, we play, we love, we live. And then we die. Death is our universal heritage. All must pass its portals. Death claims the aged, the weary and worn. It visits the youth in the bloom of hope and the glory of expectation. Nor are little children kept beyond its grasp." As I read this I remembered how after Kamber passed away Jenn wrote a letter to Pres. Monson telling him how devastated we were at her loss. He wrote a kind letter back telling her how sorry he and his wife were about the accident that took her home. That has been three years now and I'm still trying to sort it all out, it will probably take me a lifetime before I will be able to accept it. So in the mean time I just keep trying to move forward a step at a time trying to build enough faith to carry on. Hopefully some day I will be able to realize the purpose of all the suffering and I become better for it. That's all I can do now.

No comments: