Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How Long Will It Take Me To Recover?

Bride to be at the Shower




At the Garden of the Gods



This is Spencer's locker at the Practice Facility


Leaving the facility with Tyton and Gunnar



At the Game before the Rain!

Last week was a whirlwind for me. I had a bridal shower for my niece Alyssa on Sat. followed by a quick trip up to Denver to go to Spencer's Monday Night football game. The shower went really well, she had lots of family and friends come support her. As soon as the shower was over my sister and her husband picked me up and we left for Albuquerque. I was so tired but it was nice to be out of my house and on a little trip. We got into our hotel at around 11:00 p.m. and to say we were tired was an understatement. The next morning we got up early and headed towards Denver. Spencer called and wanted to meet us at a place called "Garden of the Gods" located around Colorado Springs. It is a beautiful group of rock formations surrounded by forest trees. I must admit that after sitting for fourteen hours in a car and having only three hours of sleep it was hard to walk up and down the paths looking at the view. After the hike we went to check into our hotel before going to Spencer and Annie's for dinner. We went to the hotel and tried to get some sleep knowing that Monday would be really busy. Annie had arranged for the family to go to the practice facility to see where Spencer works. I got to go in the locker room and see his name on a space with his stuff in it. I stole a pair of sweats and his name tag used during training camp. That was special to me. We then met up with Rich, Mindi, his sister, Marybeth and other family members who flew in and went to lunch and then out to the the Outlet Mall for a little shopping. After going back to the hotel to freshen up we left for the game. We got to the stadium with plenty of time to soak in the sites and sounds and watch the teams warm up. Before the game started they had things to remember the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center. It was emotional for me as they had police and firefighters plus military people honored. They also had four guys parachute into the stadium the last one bringing in a huge American Flag. All was going well during the first quarter of the game and then the rain started. We tried to be strong but went up to get out of the drizzle. We did finally go back down to our seats and try and watch the rest of the game. There were on and off showers during the game so we didn't see much of it. After the game we got to go down on the field and meet up with Spencer. I really try to not get to discouraged but he never has been on a winning team since his Sophomore high school season. I'm tired of losing, I don't think I'm a poor sport but why can't he get on a team that actually wants to win? Oh well, we left yesterday and started our way back to Arizona. We arrived today at 2:00 p.m. and now I need to start getting back to normal, laundry, dishes, feeding animals, and all those other fun things I do. I don't know how long it will take me to recover but I don't think I'll be going anywhere soon.

No comments: