Wednesday, September 21, 2011

"My Dark Cloud Is Still Hovering"

This morning Rich and I were in the kitchen together. I had been listening to him talk to someone on the phone and could tell it was bad news. An employee of his was having some complications after surgery. After we discussed what was going on he said, "you know, some people just have a dark cloud that follows them around." After that he was getting his lunch together and I had just finished feeding my pack of dogs. I went to the sink to wash my hands when he was saying there was something sticky on the floor. After 35 years of marriage I know that one of his biggest pet peeves is to stick to the floor. I hate it too, so as I reached for a rag in the sink I felt that not so pleasant sting of a scorpion. I didn't cuss, I just let Rich know that he needed to find it and kill it while I got some ice to put in the palm of my hand. I almost started laughing as we both talked about how I'm one of those people that has the "dark cloud hovering over me." I then said, "if there is a scorpion in this house he's going to find me." Yesterday I spent a few hours working on a quilt to put on our bed. It felt good just being alone in my sewing room creating something. I look around and see how creative those around me are and I feel inadequate. I wish I would have stuck with the piano lessons, gone to cosmetology school, done something other than spend six years in school before realizing I didn't want to be a teacher. I guess I need to be grateful that my parents wanted me to have an education and helped me get one. Life is short, I want to have peace in knowing that my Heavenly Father is aware of me and knows what is best for me. Now if I can just solve my scorpion problem I will be happy.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Teri I don't know how the scorpions always find you! OUCH!!!! I am sorry to hear you got stung AGAIN! HUGS <3