Friday, September 23, 2011

Made It To The Temple With Alyssa

Brookie holding "Baby Trulie"


On Wed. my niece Alyssa went through the Temple in preparation to be married two weeks from today. My Mom had told me at least twenty times that she wanted me to TRY and go be a support for her so she would have some family members there. I have had some personal issues with going to the Temple and haven't attended since right after Kamber passed away, three and a half years ago. I hate being pressured to do something that might make me have a panic attack, so I've always just stayed home and felt left out. Well, Mindi and I were out running errands and we were talking about maybe seeing if we could make it to support Allyssa and keep my Mom happy. We hurried home, got ready and made it to the Session. I was surprised that I had done something so very hard for me to do. I know someone on the other side was helping me and I continued to tell myself that "I Can Do Hard Things," whenever the feelings of anxiety would hit. Yesterday Jenn had a doctors appointment and asked if we could watch Max and Brookie. We were getting irrigation so we were home hoping to not get flooded out. Brookie and Max were playing with toys in Mindi's family room. I asked Brookie how old she was. She kept telling me that she was two, even though she turned three in April. I kept telling her, "no you are three." After about three or four times she said, "I'm two and Kamber is five." How did she know that Kamber would be five years old? Anyway, I had to catch my breath and realize that she is aware of her sister and loves her. Today Kylie is nine, my grandchildren are getting so old and mature. Pretty soon I will hopefully be going to the Temple with them in preparation to getting married or going on missions. That will be a wonderful day for me!



No comments: