Monday, September 19, 2011

"God Watches Over Us"

Tristyn and Miranda Best Cousins

Linda and Her Girls

The Candy Bar

The Food Table

I woke up at 6:00 a.m. this morning with a bad pain in my hip and in other parts of my body. I guess my cortisone shot is starting to wear off which makes me sad. Sitting in a car for over thirty hours last week probably didn't do it any good, I'm too old for that trip. I was going to start getting my Fall decorations out but with the temps going up around 108 degrees this week, I decided to wait until it's closer to Oct. Besides that my big talking witch scares some of my grand kids. I'm so glad the bridal shower is over and want to thank all those who helped make it a success. It was a lot of work to make it nice and I couldn't have done it without the help of my Mom, sister, sister-in-law, daughters, daughter-in-laws, nieces and of course my friend and visiting teacher. I wasn't given the talent to put things together but I try hard to find those who can help do that and ask for help. It has been hard for me with the economy so bad try to be "of good cheer." This weekend Rich had to give a talk in church as part of his calling on the High Council. It makes me crazy when I know he is going to speak in church because it gives me anxiety, almost panic. He stays in his office for hours trying to read as much as he can and put his thoughts on paper. Yesterday the talk was centered on a talk given by Pres. Dieter F. Uchtdorf, "Waiting on the Road to Damascus." One of my favorite quotes is by Spencer W. Kimball when he said: "God does notice us, and he watches over us. But it is usually through another person that he meets our needs. Therefore, it is vital that we serve each other." We each have a covenant responsibility to be sensitive to the needs of others and serve as the Savior did-to reach out, bless and uplift those around us. Often the answer to our prayer does not come while we're on our knees but while we're on our feet serving the Lord and serving those around us." Sometimes it's hard for me to think of others when I'm so worried about my own problems, I need to do better. No matter how bad things get I know it can always be worse. The only thing to combat that is gratitude, which I have a problem showing. It sounds like I have a lot of work to do within myself and with those around me.

No comments: