Thursday, April 8, 2010

New Day, New Bunny

Wow it's Thurs. and it doesn't seem like I have accomplished much this week. I have had a hard week with mood problems but that seems to be a little better today. I called the guy who I bought my little grey rabbit from and told him of his tragic demise. I asked him if he had any more of his rabbits. He said he had two females that cost $120. I told him that was way too much for me to spend and that I would keep checking on Craigslist. He then said, "well, I have one white female that has something wrong with her leg. She acts fine but won't put any weight on it." He sold her to me for almost nothing and we brought her home. I think she is crippled but I don't mind having a handicapped bunny. As we got home I said, "Mindi, thank you for taking me to get this little rabbit. I think I am slowly crawling out of the toilet, I'm just about to the top." Mindi quickly said, "Mom I'm happy, now let's just see if we can at least get you sitting on the lid." I thought that was pretty funny. She is a wonderful daughter. I received a request for a quilt for a couple who lost their son in a tragic accident in Feb. of this year. I don't know the family but decided yesterday to start on this quilt. I think it is going to be way cute. Anyway, in this letter the person who sent it said that my daughter-in-law Jenn went to school with this young man. We googled his name and looked at the pictures of him and there was a wonderful video about his life. He looked like a special person. Jenn said she knew his older brother and that they lived in the area where she grew up. This young man was killed in a motorcycle accident in Tucson when someone turned in front of him, at least that is what the paper said. As I was trying to fall asleep last night I kept thinking about all those motorcyclists that were killed when that dump truck slammed into them up in Carefree. What a tragic loss of life for these people and the young man I am making the memory quilt for. We never know when something will happen. I feel like we need to constantly be prepared spiritually to handle it, but even when you are doing all you can it still sends you down a long road of sadness. Life is brutal, but there is a lot of happiness in there also. As long as the sun keeps coming up every morning I will try to do the best I can to make the most of what I have been blessed with. That is all I have to offer right now.

No comments: