Saturday, April 24, 2010

Christmas picture 2007

We had a ward breakfast this morning so I'm already pooped. We needed to be at the park at 8 a.m. and my job was to move picnic benches from four different houses over to the park and bring garbage cans and liners. This is only the second activity I have had to work on and because my assignment was moving heavy objects it basically meant Rich did my job. It is good to have a supportive husband that has the obedience, sacrifice and consecration thing down. I finished my memorial quilt last night and will mail it on Mon. I got a nice letter from an anonymous person with a gift certificate to thank me for making this quilt. I have been asked why I don't make and sell my quilts at boutiques. First of all, I am not a professional quilter and second, by the time I buy all the material and spend hours sewing people couldn't pay enough money to make it worth me selling them. Who ever sent the gift certificate, THANK YOU! I didn't do it for anything but to honor a son who was tragically lost. I hope it will be received with the love I have meant to share. Because our house has been under construction for a few months I have lots of fine white dust all over everything. I was dusting my pictures in my entry way and as I was wiping our family picture from Christmas 2007 I became so sad. It is the last picture that Kamber was in. I looked at her sitting on Ethan's lap and remembered how hard it was to get her to sit still so we could get a good picture. It has been 21 months since she left us and went back to our Heavenly Father and I have times where I can hardly keep going. I feel like I have a dark cloud that follows me around and as hard as I try it won't go away. Staying busy with quilting and doing the everyday chores helps a little bit, but there is just a constant nagging sadness. I hope someday I will be able to shake it and realize it was a temporary thing, but not quite now. I will forever keep that family portrait where it has been for two plus years, and everytime I look at it I remember what it was like to have her with us.

No comments: