Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Finally Moved In!

We had a nice anniversary, stake conference and finally moved into our renovated master bedroom and bathroom. For our anniversary Rich bought Outback and we had a romantic, ha ha dinner at home and watched the Blindside. On Sat. we were busy trying to finish our rooms so we could move in, but because Rich had meetings most of the day that didn't happen. After conference and dinner we had Mindi and Dave help us move our heavy furniture and then I have spent the last two days moving all the little stuff and organizing our bathroom. I wasn't given organization skills, so I struggle a lot when putting stuff away. It is amazing how much JUNK you accumulate, I found items that I knew I had but had lost track of. We have still been showering in the other bathroom but this morning I decided it was time to give our new shower a whirl. It has two shower heads and new knobs so I was a little confused when trying to get hot water and do I really need TWO shower heads on me at the same time? I know I am quite large but it probably isn't necessary. We also have see through glass doors instead of the glass block in our old shower. That can't be a pretty sight so I made sure I locked both doors before I disrobed, it would scare someone if they walked in. It has been exactly ten months since the flood and we moved 25 feet down the hall to the guest room. It feels good to be back and I have noticed a difference in my sleep, hopefully this will be an answer to prayer. My brother Len was released as the Stake President of the Highland Stake this past weekend. He dropped by on Sunday to bring a family picture to replace the super outdated one I have in my entry way. He actually had a smile on his face and sat and visited with us for about a half hour. I am so happy for him because he seems so excited to leave for his mission to Kenniwick, Washington. Hopefully we will be able to spend a little time with him before they leave. I need to finish a couple of quilts and get ready for my 40th high school reunion next week. Life is busy and sometimes manageable I feel extremely blessed to have a nice home, great family and the gospel in my life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Teri, I ran into Mel at a funeral yesterday. My dad's wife Ann's mother died and was in Mel's ward. We got to visit for awhile. It was fun. Have a great time at your reunion. I am much tooooo young to be going to it. It's just for you old grogs!

This is Debbie--not Mike---as if you couldn't tell! Didn't want to log off...