Monday, March 16, 2009

Tristyn Playing Volleyball

Four generations of volleyball players.

Last Saturday we took my Dad to the Salvation Army to watch Tristyn play in a volleyball tournament. It is fun but tiring and frustrating. There are eight teams that play in a tournament for seeding purposes for the next tournament. Anyone who has ever watched 10-12 year-old girls play, know that a lot of the time is spent listening to them scream. It brought back all the memories of watching Mindi and Candi play and it was good to spend time with my Dad. He was a good sport but admitted to getting "awful tired" by the end. Plus, our backsides were sore from sitting on the old wood bleachers. It was interesting to see all these girls, with different shapes, sizes, colors and ability play. Some should change sports but others had some good potential. When we took Dad home, my Mom was excited to see us home safely and she came out to greet us. By then some of the kids needed to use the bathroom so went in to the house where I grew up in Scottdsdale. My Mom is a typical mother and always wants to feed us, so she offered us one of her bananas. I love bananas that are just barely a little bit yellow and she had just been to the store. I swear she buys at least 14 of them every week. Anyway, I was teasing her about how there is NO WAY she can eat that many bananas in a week, she must have a pet spider monkey in her house. Anyway, Trace heard me say that and he said, "I want to go in and see Grandma's Spider Monkey." It was pretty funny. so we sent Mom in to get her bowl of bananas and took a picture. She is so hilarious, always smiling, almost always happy.

Mom's spider monkey food.

No comments: