Sunday, March 29, 2009

Ben Hur

Last night I turned the t.v. on and my all-time favorite movie was on, Ben-Hur. I remember the first time I saw it we went to the drive-in with my Abney-Heap cousins in Mesa. I remember laying on a blanket watching the chariot race and loving every minute. That was probably more than 45 years ago. As I watched it as an old grandman it took on a different meaning than it had as a young child. I didn't realize back then that it was such a long movie and how hadsome Charleton Heston was, but I do remember the spirit I felt. As I was watching it last night my eyes began to tear up as he was looking for his mother and sister. Then as he watched the trial of Jesus and him carrying the cross up the stairs. He wanted revenge on the Romans who had sent him to the galley of the ship to die. Then he saw Jesus and his heart was softened. Rich had to do Sharing Time today, (for maybe the last time) as the Bishopric. He had made a bridge out of wood the the words ATONEMENT on them. He does such a good job with the kids. I felt the spirit again as he talked about how the Savior has made it possible to return home to live as eternal families. I know Kamber is in good hands on the other side and hope as a family we will all strive to do better every day so we can be with her again.

No comments: