Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Grandma the water's warm!


Today we had the Larsen girls while Jenn was at the hospital with Ethan having surgery to have his gallbladder out. Because it's spring break that made seven kids. They really have fun with their cousins and get along really well. In the afternoon Tristyn came in and said that they went over into the pool and felt the water and it was really warm. I said, "there is no way in h#@* that water in that pool is warm." After arguing with them for about two hours and listening to them tell me how warm the water was I decided to call their bluff. I said, "everyone outside on the diving board and you are all jumping in." We headed out to the pool and before you know it they were in swimming. After they were in a little bit the water didn't seem so warm. Tristyn was chattering and Trent was out saying he needed a towel because he was cold. I finally told Tristyn she better go all the way under because she was the one who kept telling me how warm it was. Tayler was having a blast. She and Kylie stayed in the longest and Tayler swam and swam. We had a box of Otter Pops and ice cream bars and then came in. The weather has been so pretty and I hate the heat, but it is fun to see all the kids in the pool. I couldn't help but think how much Kamber loved the water and how sad I was that she wasn't there with us; or maybe she was.



5 comments:

larsen family said...

Thanks for watching my girls. They always have a fun time over at your house. You would not believe what Tayler was asking to do today. Actually you would, she wants to swim in our freezing cold pool! Crazy girl. Thanks for all you do.
Love ya,
Jen

Larsens said...

how fun! your are missing some little rascals though... i wish the boys could be there around all their cousins and grandparents. or.. maybe you guys should come up here and we can show you guys a good time!

miss ya

Alishia said...

I love to read your blog. It is such an inspiration to me. Don't ever stop telling me stories!! I love them.

My kids have wanted to swim, too. We have bee having the same argument over here. It's not cold. Yes it is. No it's not. Kids are so funny!!

The McNeil Family said...

Cute Kids.. I know that kids love their grandma..

Stephanie Abney said...

You are such a riot!! The kids must love having you for a grandma. FUN POST!!!

Take care.