Saturday, March 7, 2009

Thoughts and Prayers

Our family has been deeply saddened by the recent boat accident off the Florida coast involving two NFL players and two former college players. Spencer played football with Marquis Cooper at Highland and Annie ran track with him. We were talking about it this week and how sad we are for their families. It's almost like having a scab removed again. Although our situation is different, loss is loss. We have reflected on how we got to hold Kamber and dress her and say our final goodbyes. We got a little bit of closure. We can not imagine what these families are going through. Why did one survive while the others drifted away? Why was Kamber taken away from us? I was talking to a friend this week and said, "if I could just see where Kamber is I know I wouldn't want to bring her back." He said, "she is where she is suppose to be." I guess I need to have more faith that our Heavenly Father is in charge. This isn't really our home. We are just here for the experience of having a body and proving what choices we will make to return to him. Not all of us will have to lose a child or grandchild, but I am convinced we have to go through hard times to humble us and make us more like our Savior.

No comments: