Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My Baby Is 25



Where did the time go? How is it that my youngest child is 25? Spencer was born on Sun. March 4, 1984. I went to Mesa Lutheran Hosp. at 4:00 a.m. and he was born at 5:04 a.m. I was lucky to have two darling girls and two handsome boys. I know everyone thinks their kids are the cutest, but Spencer was darling. The first thing I noticed about him when they brought him to me was the HUGE dimple in his chin. I remember how excited Grandma Greer was because her "daddy had the same chin." It has kind of moved to the side a little from being hit so many times in football, but I still think it's cute. Because Spencer is three years younger than Ethan we had three years alone before he went to school so I would take him everywhere with me. I remember one day taking him to Mervyns to shop. He was probably about 3 or 4 years-old. He was hiding under the clothes and turning the rounders and not being good. I picked him up and swatted his butt and scolded him, (okay, I probably cussed a little too). Anyway, when we got in the car I told him he was a bad boy to act like that in a store. The next time we ran errands and I told him we were going to Mervyns he said, "I don't want to go to Muvens, I don't do good at Muvens." He couldn't say his R's or L's so he said some really cute things. We never know when we get these little spirits from heaven what challenges we are going to have with them. I am thankful for all my experiences with my children. Some have not been fun. Some have been heartbreaking for us. But, we have been blessed through going through the trials. Everything I didn't want to have to go through raising four kids I got to experience, (well almost everything.) I wouldn't change any of it nor would I want any other children. The older I get the more I realize how lucky I am that my children survived having me as their mother. I'm thankful the Lord trusted me with these strong spirits.



No comments: