Monday, November 28, 2011

Number Sixteen Is Here








Yesterday morning at around 7 a.m. the phone rang. My heart sinks every time we get a call either late at night or early morning. It was Ethan telling us they were on their way to the hospital to start the process of delivering our sixteenth grandchild, Reagan. Rich had to leave for a meeting so I was by myself listening to church music and praying that all would go well with Jenn. There is something about the birth process that brings you to your knees. I don't know what song it was but it really touched me and the tears started to flow. I was wondering if this baby, that is about to be born, knows her other sister who went to heaven three plus years ago. I believe that we lived in heaven with other spirits waiting to come to earth to get a body, but I don't know if those spirits that have died mingle with those waiting to come. Jenn is a pro at this as she's had six babies in ten years. We are so proud that she and Ethan are willing to take on this task of raising these special children. I have spent the last two weeks working on quilts for this baby. Jenn said she wanted an animal print but I had a hard time finding animal prints for babies. I think they turned out cute. We may be getting to the end of our posterity. The kids are figuring it out, but we are still hoping for a few more from a couple of them.

No comments: