Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful

These last few days have been busy, we've been trying to get the house clean and food ready for our Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. At times I feel overwhelmed with all that is going on. Today Mindi and I ran a bunch of errands. We needed to hit some stores because I NEVER shop on Black Friday because of the crowds. Lately I've felt more emotional than I usually am, sometimes I just have to ask myself, "what is wrong with you?" I have so many conflicting feelings about so many things I'm making myself crazy. As I was visiting teaching on Monday we were talking about receiving revelation, and what we need to do to get personal revelation. The main thing is to live the commandments so we can be worthy for the blessings and answers to problems in our lives. As we were driving from store to store I kept thinking about some things that are bothering me right now. In the news lately there have been lots of reports of child abuse and parents who take the lives of their own children. Just this morning as I got on the internet I read several articles all over the country where mothers and fathers have done the unthinkable to their children. Who are these people and why do they even have children? Anyway, as I was watching t.v. tonight there was a "breaking news" story of a plane that crashed into the Superstition Mountains just east of us. This doesn't help with my fear of flying. As the night progressed they kept getting new information about the crash site and finally said there were six people who lost their lives, three young children. They had flown up from Safford to get the kids and take them back for Thanksgiving. How tragic to have this happen at this time, or any time. I feel so bad for the families of these people, I know what an awful experience it is as my Uncle Kenneth was killed when his plane hit a mountain and all those aboard were killed. That happened about fifty years ago and my Mom still tells me how hard it was for the family. As I was feeling sorry for myself today, wondering what I can do to help myself, I realized that even though I have some challenges, I have lots more to be grateful for than most people. So tomorrow I am really going to try and relish the time I have with the fifty or so people who want to come to my house and share our food. I never want to take for granted the relationships I have with others, you never know when one of them will be taken from you.

No comments: