Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thankful for Being a Mom and Grandma


I can't believe how the weeks are turning into months faster than I can keep up. Candi called me yesterday and asked about our plans for Thanksgiving. I told her I'm trying to get through the baptism and luncheon for Trent on Sat., then we will start thinking about Thanksgiving. This month will be crazy again. Besides turkey day, Jenn will probably have her baby and it's my Mom's 82nd birthday as well. This morning I woke up early and got going. My Mom came over to help me do some of my jelly and picked up some more juice to finish hers. Before she got here I put up all my Fall decorations and did some laundry. I started thinking about all the years I've been a stay at home Mom and now Grandma. Thirty-five years seems like a long time to be doing the same thing over and over. I was talking to someone the other day about how hard life is. How busy it is to have children and try and do your best to raise them. As we were talking, it came down that basically the more kids you have, the more crazy life becomes. I finally said, "I do have some regrets in my life, but I have never regretted having my children." They aren't perfect, but they are mine. I was asking Rich the other day if we could just close up the business, move into a one bedroom condo and rest for a while. Of course we can't, he loves his job, even though the economy has tanked, he still loves to work. I guess that's better than having a lazy husband. Yesterday we watched Brookie and Max while Jenn was at the doctor. It's so fun having these little people around. They say the funniest things. I'm so thankful that I was able to have children and that my kids have chosen to bring these little spirits into our family. I can't wait until little Reagan is born, life will just get a little busier and a lot more fun!

2 comments:

larsen family said...

Looking at this picture of you and the kids, I couldn't help but notice how much Brookie looks like you. You can definitly tell that you are her grandma and she loves going to grandma Teri's house. She always tells me that you love her and give her big hugs. Thanks for being such a good grandma!

Heidi said...

Teri!

Could I get your direct email address?

Thank you,

Heidi Irwin (was Prince)

heidijirwin@gmail.com