Saturday, November 26, 2011

Moving On To Christmas






We had a nice Thanksgiving with about fifty people at our house. This was the ON year for the Greer family but with Lennie on a mission and some of the older grand children now hosting their in-laws we didn't have that many, which is probably good. I realized that I'm not getting any younger as I spent all day yesterday in bed sick from something, stress, too much food, or just plain old tired. I'm feeling a little bit better today but when I look at all that is ahead of me I want to just go back to bed. I want to get my tree up and the lights on our house done because last year it seemed like Christmas came so fast we never really got finished decorating. I have also decided to have a more simple decore, I just don't have the desire to do what it takes, hopefully less will be okay. Tomorrow our 16th grandchild will be born, if all goes well with the scheduling at the hospital. I have been busy finishing her quilt and shopping, which I love to do. There is just something special about a newborn. When I think of Ethan and Jenn being the parents of six kids I can't believe it. I hope they are up for the challenge. As I look back on my life I am just thankful that my kids are healthy and productive members of society. At one time, when they were all teenagers I had my doubts but I'm so thankful for each of them. It's weird because my Mom used to tell me all the time how thankful she was for her children. When I was raising my kids I was happy to make it to another day without driving my car over a cliff. Now that I'm hitting the golden years I can see what my Mom was saying. The only thing we really have and can depend on is the love of our family.

No comments: