Saturday, November 12, 2011

People Watching At The Mall

I woke up early this morning and decided to get to work. I never sleep that good when Rich is away, even though I have the whole bed to myself and he's not there waking me up getting ready for work. As I fed the animals and got my house cleaned, Mindi asked if I was going to go with her. She needed a break from the kids, laundry, cleaning and just being a Mom. She was in desperate need of some retail therapy. So we took Miss Trulie and off we went to the Mall. I don't do that well with walking from store to store, so I sat with the baby in the car while Mindi hit a couple of baby stores. I entertained a four month old and people watched. After about an hour we decided to get out of the car and do some walking to a clothing store a little ways away. We got about ten things to try on and went into the dressing room. I looked at myself in the mirror and said, "I have NO business shopping for clothes looking like this, my hair looks terrible." Mindi found a couple of shirts but I decided that having three closets full of clothes were enough and we left. Mindi even asked me if I was okay because it's not like me to not buy something, especially when Rich is out of town. By this time it was about lunch time, so we decided to just get a pretzel, cheese and lemonade that was close to where we parked. We got our food and went to the car to eat. As we were sitting there, again watching all the people walk by, a girl came around the corner with a young boy going into the pretzel store. She was so pretty and looked so happy with a huge smile. She had a red blouse on with a blue purse hanging over her shoulder. The thing is, she didn't have any arms. Mindi turned to me and said, "How will she eat without any arms?" We sat there watching as she came out with the young boy holding his pretzel and drink. They turned the corner and walked up the sidewalk shopping. Then again Mindi said, "I guess it could be so much worse, but she looked way happier than I am right now." As I sat there thinking, looking at all those people some were skinny and cute, others cute and pudgy. I realized how much I compare myself to others. I saw couples holding hands shopping, I can't ever remember Rich and I holding hands strolling through the Mall together on a Saturday morning. It would never happen, trust me. I was feeling a little bit sorry for myself but do I really want to take Rich to the Mall? Not a chance, the only shopping he does is at Home Depot and sometimes Wal Mart. Anyway, after shopping I was in desperate need of a nap so I came home and went to bed while Mindi continued her shopping spree at Bashas' and now she's off to Hobby Lobby and somewhere else. I'm too old and tired to shop all day but I'm thankful I was able to feel gratitude for what I do have even if it's a husband who won't go to the Mall.

No comments: