Friday, October 21, 2011

My Balloon Is Losing Air

These last couple of weeks have been very disappointing to me in many ways. I have been through some really hard things in my life and even though I get a glimmer of hope that things will change, it's always the same old story. I was talking to my sister the other day about some of my frustrations and she told me a little story she uses in her "addiction recovery" group she and her husband run. She talks about all of us who have great hopes about our lives when we are young. As we get married, have children, buy our first house, get job promotions on and on our balloons fill up with air and we are flying high. Then when the trials come, as we know they will, financial problems, miscarriages, health problems, grandchildren passing away, relationships going bad, on and on our balloon starts to loose air. She said, "Teri, by the time you get our age, our balloons are pretty flat." That is what I've been feeling for a while now. How can I get my balloon filled up and hopefully in the air again? My surgeon called me yesterday and gave me the results of my CAT scan. He said that this test didn't show any abnormalities in the hip, BUT it is NOT normal to still be having pain fourteen months out. There is a possibility that my bone didn't grow around the metal socket and so this might be the reason for all the pain. The only way to fix it is to have another surgery. This is one of those experiences that make your balloon go flat, going through hell and then having the chance you get to do it again. Oh well, I lived through it once before and if that is what needs to get me out of pain and walking better I may have to do it. It will be the last resort though. Hopefully the sun will come up tomorrow and I can get some air flowing in my big flat balloon.

No comments: