Friday, October 14, 2011

Glad the CT Scan is Over!




Yesterday I went to have a CT scan of my hip to see if we can find what's causing my pain and make me walk like a penguin. I hate these tests because they bring up so much anxiety. I made the appointment at a time when I could take some medication to help with the symptoms and off I went into the room. The girl was young, cute, and really friendly. She had to tie my feet together pointed in for some reason, I guess to put the hip in a certain position. As she slid me into the tube and started the machine I started to have a little panic run through my body. All I could think to do was start singing Primary songs. I wasn't singing very loud but I started with "Heavenly Father, are you really there, and do you hear and answer every child's prayer?" I don't know if she heard me or not but she started talking to me and said, "we're almost done." It only took about five minutes and the rest of the time I just shut my eyes and started praying about someone in heaven watching over my kids and grand kids. On the way home I was talking to Mindi about my situation. I don't want them to find anything wrong because that means another surgery, but if they don't find anything wrong can I live like this for the rest of my life? Either way it isn't good. Life has a way of keeping me on my toes, and I'm not too fond of that.


A few months ago I had a friend ask me if I could help her make a quilt for her new grandson due this month. I decided to just make it without her, knowing how busy she is working two jobs and taking care of her elderly parents, not to mention serving in Young Womens. She came by last night and picked it up, she seemed to like it and hope it will be used in Washington.


We are busy trying to get houses and yards ready for Sunday when we have everyone over after Trulie's baby blessing. Mindi made me this cute wreath to put on my door, I couldn't do it without her, I'm just sorry that she has to be the one always in the middle of all the problems and trials. Hopefully she will be blessed for her efforts. I sure appreciate all her support.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Teri--I know HE heard you--and I am going to sing primary songs tomorrow while I'm at Mayo thanks for the Idea--love you--and btw Mindi is a great daughter